USPHL Premier Through The Numbers: Reign
Original article by Grace Mello on usphl.com
With just two games over the weekend, the Jr. Reign managed to take them both with scores of
5-1 and 5-4 over the Bakersfield Roughnecks. Max Kathol earned himself five points with two goals and three assists. Lare Pahtayken earned five points (two goals, three assists) and securing the GWG in Game 1 and also earned his highest-scoring game this season with three points.
Goalie Josh Henson, an ‘04 from Port Moody, B.C., picked up a win with 40 saves on 41 shots. Ontario holds the No. 2 position in the Pacific Division alongside San Diego with 50 points.
- The Jr. Reign are fifth in shorthanded goals in the USPHL Premier with 12.
- They are sixth in offense in the league at 5.47 goals per game.
- There are just three teams who have won as many as four games when trailing after two periods, and the Jr. Reign are one, along with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights and Hampton Roads Whalers.
- Matteo Pero has scored in every single January game (seven in five games) and is on an 8-13-21 streak in his last eight games.
- Ethan McKibbin posted a 10-10-20 scoring streak in 12 games, just two off the length of his longest streak this season of 14 (Sept. 23-Nov. 12).
- Jacob Pelletier has 2-8-10 over his last six games.
The Road Ahead: Ontario will take the upcoming weekend off and travel to Las Vegas on Feb. 2 to take on the Thunderbirds for three games. A light five-game January will give way to a 12-game February with action in 12 of the 24 days between Feb. 2 and 25.