ONTARIO JR REIGN USPHL – VIDEO AND DATA ANALYST - Intern Position
The Ontario Jr. Reign belongs to the Pacific Division of the United States Premier Hockey (USPHL), the largest amateur Junior ice hockey league in the world. Overall, the USPHL has had over 3,100 athletes advance to collegiate and professional levels.
The Ontario Jr Reign is seeking a Video and Data Analyst for player development under the general supervision of the Head Coach and General Manager Jeremy Blumes.
The Video and Data Analyst will support the hockey program by breaking down video, creating performance analytics, creating graphics and video packages, assisting with social media, and scouting for next season. Applicants must have familiarity with Instat, and other relevant hockey software. Must also be efficient with spreadsheets and hockey analytics. Experience with and passion for social media is a benefit. Applicants should also have strong organizational and communication skills and thrive in a positive work environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinate film editing and breakdowns within the ice hockey office/ or done remotely
• Oversee filming and video including the capture of all practices, home, and away games
• Acquire video of future opponents
• Assist in strategy development through the use of analytics
• Responsible for opponent scout video packages and deliver to the coaching staff
• Help manage our social media platforms by coordinating with the marketing department
• Assist in the management of recruiting database of potential recruits
• High level of ice hockey knowledge
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Necessary computer skills such as Microsoft Office and graphics software
• Must have good interpersonal skills
• Must be able to multitask
• Must recognize the importance of recruiting to the success of the program
• Must be trusted with confidential material
• The person hired must adhere to the Ontario Jr Reign code of conduct.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to
Head Coach, General Manager Jeremy Blumes - email@example.com