Bus Driver Wanted
Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of passengers to and from various destinations. Additional responsibilities include maintaining a variety of records, such as time at each stop, the purpose of the trip, number of passengers per day, mileage, and vehicle maintenance.
(This is an On-Call position.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Drives buses for the purpose of transporting passengers over scheduled routes to and from the ice rink in a safe and timely manner.
2. Maintain a variety of records: driving time, the purpose of the trip, mileage, and vehicle maintenance.
3. Knowledge and compliance with traffic and highway safety rules and regulations.
4. Clean the bus as scheduled and/or required.
5. Ensure the bus is safely and securely stored.
6. Assesses incidents, complaints, accidents, and/or potential emergency situations (e.g. road hazards, medical emergencies, accidents, etc.) for the purpose of resolving and/or recommending a resolution to the situation.
7. Assists student-athletes and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal transport and emergency situations.
8. Fuels assigned vehicle (e.g. oil, water, fuel, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining the vehicle in a safe operating condition.
9. Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels, tire pressure, exterior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safe operating condition of the vehicle and complying with mandated guidelines.
10. Maintains and keeps logbook accurate and complete for CHP inspection.
11. Reports defects or maintenance problems with the vehicle to the supervisor.
12. Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes or other passengers.
13. Understand and agree to abide by the mission of the Ontario Jr Reign.
14. A valid California Class “B” is required and a clean DMV record.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability and skill to operate a small bus.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Driver must possess a valid class B driver’s license with a passenger endorsement and medical card (physical).
• Ability to pass random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
• Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Ability to enter information into existing recordkeeping systems.
• Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.